(Note: This was actually written almost two months ago but for some reason it was saved as a draft and not published.)
I am not a smoker. I never have and never will. So, I probably don't understand the mind of the smoker. I seriously don't know how smokers do it. Everyday as I drive around our college campus or downtown, I see smokers standing outside the doors to various buildings. When I get to my building there are always at least two of them outside the door smoking, and there are people out there smoking all day long!!! As I was walking one day last month in downtown Des Moines during the coldest week of the year, I saw a group smoking with a bank sign behind them that flashed - 2 degrees, FAHRENHEIT!!!!! That is negative two people! That is like negative 20 celsius. That is cold!! I tell you what, if it was me I would figure out how to quit that habit pretty damn fast. If supermodels were outside my office that week offering free lap dances, I wouldn't do it. It was so cold outside, I froze during the 2 minute walk from the parking to the building. There is no way in I would be out there sucking down cancer sticks.



0 comments:
Post a Comment